E&M Performance Training is owned and operated by Coach Matt Patterson. A United States Marine Corps Veteran who has created a basketball training and fitness business to help athletes of all ages achieve their long-term goals. As a head basketball coach, Coach Matt has two championship appearances. One where his high school aged team went 13-1 during the season and won the championship in 2016.
Coach Matt has worked with athletes at all levels. In 2019-2020, Coach Matt coached at Wilmington University as an assistant / player development coach for the D2 program. He helped lead the team into the playoffs. On that team was the leading scorer of all time in the school's history.
Coach Matt has worked and learned with and from many coaches across the world -
· Coach Don Showalter - USA Basketball
· Phil Handy - Los Angeles Lakers Assistant / Player Development Coach
· Billy Lang - Former 76ers Assistant Coach
· Robert Smith - NBA / Overseas Player Veteran
· Bob Hurley Sr. - Hall of Famer
· Dan Burke - Wilmington University Head Men's Basketball Coach
· Vernon Dupree - Wilmington University Assistant Men's basketball coach
· Dwight Burke - Former Overseas Player and Varsity Head Coach of Smyrna High School Girls
· KJ Smith - Unifacisa Pro Basquet (Brazil NBB, D1) Assistant Coach